Join us as we talk with Jordan Harbinger about Education, Partnerships, and Fake Taxis!
Jordan Harbinger is a Michigan-born Wall Street lawyer turned podcast interviewer, as well as a communications and social dynamics expert.
His podcast, The Jordan Harbinger Show, was selected as part of Apple’s “Best of 2018″ and today clocks in at over 11 million downloads per month. Often referred to as “The Larry King of podcasting,” Jordan has spoken to a score of high-profile guests on the show including Kobe Bryant, Moby, Dennis Rodman, Tip “T.I.” Harris, Tony Hawk, Cesar Millan, Simon Sinek, Eric Schmidt, and Neil deGrasse Tyson, among others.
In addition to hosting The Jordan Harbinger Show, Jordan is a consultant for law enforcement, military, and security companies and is a member of the Northern California Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.
Listen in as Jordan discusses his journey from frustrated Wall Street corporate lawyer to entrepreneur and award-winning podcaster.
He also does a deep dive into business partnerships and how to know whether it’s time to fly solo. On the other hand, Jordan shares when forging a new partnership might be the best next step.
Jordan then speaks on how the schooling system promotes mediocrity by default and what it means for the natural-born entrepreneur.
Finally, Jordan touches on how entrepreneurs can become better leaders and managers of a growing business.
- [04:00] An introduction to Jordan Harbinger
- [13:55] Knowing when it’s time to part ways with a business partner
- [21:47] What a healthy business partnership looks like
- [26:11] How Jordan got kidnapped—twice
- [29:31] Securing high-caliber guests and upping your game as a podcaster in general
- [33:30] The problem with the school system and individual achievement
- [37:09] The link between entrepreneurship and ADD/ADHD
- [43:11] Discovering what you’re built to do
- [45:31] The best style of management for entrepreneurs
- [49:20] How The Jordan Harbinger Show gives back
Powerful Quotes by Jordan
- When you’re in business, your business married that person who’s your partner. If one of them spends a shitload of money wastefully, that’s your money and you can’t do shit about it unless you have an intervention. If one of them is like, “My parents were never successful so I’m going to self-sabotage all the time and make sure we’re never successful,” that shit is in your house.
- The Jordan Harbinger show would be less varied and interesting if there hadn’t been other really good podcasters that have done similar-ish shows. I would just keep doing things the same way. Competition makes you better.
- [The school system would rather educate than inspire kids] because you don’t need to do that if you’re trying to churn out a consistent product. […] They’re trying to churn out a consistent product so that they don’t lose funding. Schools are playing defense.
- The fact that you didn’t pay attention in school doesn’t mean you have ADD. It just means that you can’t sit there with everybody else who is literally average, by definition, and memorize stuff. […] Many people who think they have ADD probably don’t. They were just cooped up in a bullshit environment for a really long time and that’s not how they learn.
- No job is like school. Zero jobs involve sitting there, being academic, and memorizing things while a teacher lectures. Zero jobs do this. Listening to lectures is one of the worst ways I can think of to deliver information to young people with active minds.
Leave a Comment
[…] Jordan Harbinger – Education, Partnerships, and Fake Taxis! […]