On this podcast we hear from Jason Selk on influencing our thoughts to change our behavior! Dr. Jason Selk is one of the top performance coaches in the United States. His clients range anywhere from Olympic athletes to fortune 500 executives. He was the director of mental training for the Saint Louis Cardinals and helped them in their first-ever World Series in over 20 years. Dr. Selk has written a tone of books with 10 minutes Toughness on the pace to be one of the best-selling sports psychology books of all time. His new book, Relentless Solutions Focus, just hit the shelves this year. Dr. Selk’s self-development programs use science and research along with practicals steps on how to improve.
In this episode, Dr. Selk talks about self-development by turning negative actions into positive ones through being relentless and influencing your thoughts. He also advises on how to get better when you’re underperforming and why you should not live in fear. Tune in to listen to these and many more exciting topics.
[01:31] The Cardinals
[03:00] Taking negative actions and turning them into a positive
[08:17] Relentless Solution Focus Book Content
[08:28] Visualization and Physical Practice
[10:35] Shifting from sports to business world.
[13:42] What is PCT and how to shift it to Relentless Solution Focus
[19:12] How to get people to try different solutions
[20:54] Does society influence PCT?
[23:32] Self-confidence as the leading factor in human performance
[25:22] Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz
[28:47] 2006-2011 Cardinals Team
[30:17] Getting better when you’re underperforming
[34:19] Only fans inquiry
[36:00] Fighting fear
- Our thoughts are our choice. Most people don’t know how to make the right choice with thoughts because they haven’t been taught what the wrong or right thoughts are.
- If you’re struggling with confidence, act as if you’re not struggling with it.
- If you can change the thoughts, then you can change the behavior and the way you feel and control performance at a much higher level.
- When a person is not using visualization and effective goal setting, they cannot be performing at their potential
- With the same problem that you experience, you must put the same energy into recognizing the improvements.
- During performance, do not be afraid of cocky. When you get out of your performance, be a human being.
- Self-image is determined by how we talk to ourselves about ourselves.
- Sometimes there are things worse than death. There have been many people in our country that have said the worst thing in life is fear. And for me, I would rather not be alive than living in fear.
Jason Selk Website: https://enhancedperformanceinc.com/
Jason Selk Books
The ONE Thing Book by Gary Keller
Psycho-Cybernetics Book by Maxwell Maltz
Please help us by liking, sharing, and subscribing to our podcast if you enjoy this content.
Listen to Brofessional podcast on:
Follow Us Online
We hope you enjoyed Jason Selk on Influencing Our Thoughts To Change Our Behavior!