n today’s episode, we talk about focusing on mental health, what it means, some shocking stats in America, and best practices that can help you improve your mental health. Tune in to listen to these and other topics such as the benefits of getting your mental health right, and some resources available for you.
[02:01] What has been going on
[05:10] The Great Resignation article
[10:38] Mental health quotes
[13:11] Book suggestions related to mental health
[17:24] What does mental health mean?
[21:39] Biological depression statistics
[26:04] Some of the best mental health practices
[30:14] The power of meditation
[34:04] Finding someone to talk to
[37:31] Personal benefits of getting your mental health status right
[42:13] Only fans inquiry
- You have to do the work. No one is going to do it for you. No one is going to deal with your childhood shit. No one is going to fix your unhealthy relational patterns. No one is going to heal you from the outside. You must do it from the inside–Conor Beaton.
- Golf is a game of inches. The most important is the six inches between your ears–Arnold Palmer.
- Anyone can have PTSD. It’s not only for war veterans but that’s where it’s most commonly associated. For me, I just think it’s all about taking care of yourself.
- Mental health is a state of well-being in which the individual realizes his or her own abilities can cope with the normal stressors of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make contributions to his or her community.
- People love to talk about their problems because it makes them feel like they understand something at a very deep level without actually having to take any accountability for them–Jason Selk.
- Most medicines will cover up a problem, so you can’t really see it at the time. So I really believe focussing on your mental health can fix a lot of the issues.
- I’m not saying anybody to stop taking medicine, but I would say if there’s an opportunity for you to fix it yourself, I would try that.
- There’s a ton of mental, not just the physical benefits of exercise. No matter what it is. Even little things like getting out for a walk can drastically improve your mood.
- No matter how shitty or stressful things are, the only thing we can control is what we’re going through right now at this moment.
The Great Resignationarticle
Relentless Solution Focus book by Jason Selk
10% Happier book by Dan Harris
Please help us by liking, sharing, and subscribing to our podcast if you enjoy this content.
You may also want to check out these previous episodes!
Listen to Brofessional podcast on:
Follow Us Online