This week we talk about automation in the business place. Business automation uses technology applications that perform repetitive tasks, freeing up employees for higher-value work. Why do you need business automation, and what impact does it have on the employment rates?
In this episode, we explore automation in the business place. From quotes on business automation and real-life examples of automation such as google drive cars by Waymo and drone deliveries by Amazon. Besides, we dive deep into the impact of automation on employment and why most people want their jobs and are in pursuit of independent jobs for their sustainability.
Quotes on Automation
- Automation is going to cause unemployment, and we need to prepare for it.~ Mark Cuban
- Automation does not need to be our enemy. Machines can make life easier for men if men do not let machines dominate them.~John F. Kennedy
- Do what you do best. Outsource the rest. ~ Peter Drucker
- The first rule is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency. You need to make sure your process is efficient. Otherwise, if you have an insufficient or inefficient process, it’s going to be worse.~ Bill Gates
Real-Life Examples of Automation
Some of the real-life examples of automation include:
- Google self-driving cars by Waymo company
- Controlling lights with your phone Bluetooth
- Adjusting the thermostat and having it know when you leave the house
- Drone deliveries being tested by Amazon
- The assembly line by Henry Ford
Investing in business automation
Businesses are embracing automation in their simple tasks and focusing on the higher ticket items.
“69% of managerial work will be automated by 2024.”
However, you will always have employees because you must ensure the systems and processes are correct, but a lot will be simplified where these people can start focusing on the higher ticket items.
Are we on the downtick like the industrial revolution?
How things are automated in the world is so easy, and people are doing their own thing. It’s a pre-industrial evolution where most people are just self-sustaining, like having their farm sustain them, and don’t need an actual job.
Systems make it easier for people to do freelance work. Besides, more business owners will come up because it’s easier, cheaper, and less risky. You’ll replace people with simple-minded tasks such as McDonald’s.
“A lot of people think whenever they hear automation, it’s some sort of robot that’s doing it or like some sort of, you’re paying other humans to do the things. So you get to focus on those higher ticket items and things that are really going to move your business forward.”
Why people hate their jobs
The pandemic caused a lot of people to realize they hate their jobs and want to do something on their own. People are looking to find solutions to different problems and work independently, for instance, YouTubers or Uber.
“60% of the US workforce will be independent by 2027. The pandemic caused a lot of people to realize that they fucking hate their jobs, and they want to go do something and work for their on their own.”
Do whatever makes you happy and makes you money.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE ON: