Having regular reflection on every aspect of your life allows you to understand better where you want to go and develop a growth mindset. As we start this new year, reflect and audit your past year. What have you accomplished? How has your circle been? Have you built any long-term networks?
In this episode, we look at some of our reflection points for the past year with our guest Blake. What are some of the most significant changes we made in 2021, and what are our focus areas in 2022? Besides, we discuss how proving doubters wrong turned us into the best version of ourselves. Tune in for more!
In this episode
[01:33] Meeting Blake
[05:40] Quote on reflection
[06:00] Our reflection points for the past year
[08:09] About the book The Darkside of the Light Chasers.
[08:24] 2022 Goals
[12:37] Provingdoubters wrong
[18:35] Looking into negative situations
[20:39] Biggest changes we made in 2021
[21:45] Achieving your goals
23:11] Focus areas in 2022
- We do not learn from experience. We learn from reflecting on experience.
- I have all this shit going on, I have all these people bending against me, but I’m gonna come out on top.”
- The best revenge is success, but more importantly, the best revenge is becoming a better person.
- Whenever shitty circumstances arise or are out of control in your life, you have two options. Sit down and be like, bitch, and let your life become shittier and just say it’s like you are a victim of circumstances someone else created or just move forward.
- When you reflect, you can have a better understanding of where you want to go and how you want to build on that.
Quote on reflection
- We do not learn from experience. We learn from reflecting on experience- Experiences can shape us, but how they shape us is how we take a look at those experiences and decide to act from those experiences.
The Dark Side of The Light Chasers
What is your reflection point? How can you have a better reflection of yourself? The book The Dark Side of The Light Chasers is about self-reflection.
“You see yourself, but you can lie to yourself.”
As you think of what you want to achieve in 2022, it’s good to ask people what they think about you. What do they like or hate? They have to be brutally honest with you so that it inspires you to do better.
Proving doubters wrong
You’ve probably faced adversity, and everyone thinks you can’t do better. These vulnerable situations turn out to be the greatest motivators.
“I fucking know for a fact that one of the main drivers for me to start a business and pull the trigger was getting fired by a company.”
Rather than bringing you down, they will always spark a growth mindset. Adversity pushes you to start your own thing. It’s actually a blessing in disguise.
“The best revenge is success, but more importantly, the best revenge is becoming a better person.”
Looking into negative situations
Different things have happened in our various aspects of life. Facing negative situations is a part of it, but how you handle the situation is the most important thing.
“Whenever shitty circumstances arise or are out of control in your life, you have two options. Sit down and be like, bitch, and let your life become shittier and just say it’s like you are a victim of circumstances someone else created or just move forward.”
Achieving your Goals
“Thoughts and feelings create new circumstances, but new circumstances do not create new thoughts and feelings.”
If you want to achieve a house or car, getting these things will not change anything about you. It is the thoughts you create while you grow that can create those fucking circumstances. It is not about the goal of getting that car or house. It’s the journey where you feel I’m becoming the one that fucking deserves it.
Focus Areas in 2022
Having audited the past year, what are key focus areas in 2022? Find a comfortable ground, and do not be hard on yourself. Be empathetic and find someone to walk you through the storm!
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE ON: