Ben Newman on finding your greatest strength! Ben is a highly regarded performance coach, international speaker, and best-selling author. His clients consist of fortune 500 companies, business executives, sales organizations, and professional athletes. He is also the mental conditioning coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide Football team. Influencive.com named him as one of the top 10 motivators in sports. Real Leaders Magazine listed ben in the Top 50 speakers in the world in 2019 and 2020.
In this episode, Ben joins us to discuss how we can find our greatest strength through the story of challenge and pain. He also shares steps to help find your life’s purpose and give yourself permission to move forward. Tune in as we dive deep into Ben’s story and other exciting topics including his purpose and what wakes him up every day, the seduction of success, mental toughness, and connecting your burn as a mental training tool. Finally, Ben gives the release date of his upcoming book, Uncommon Leadership, in which he shares lessons he has learned from some of the greatest leaders that ever walked the face of the earth. Hope you enjoy Ben Newman on Finding your Greatest Strength
[02:10] What Ben has been up to
[03:03] Ben’s purpose and why he wakes up early every day
[03:46] The story of Ben’s mother suffering from Amyloidosis
[06:40] Leaving mom’s legacy behind
[09:20] Seduction of success
[12:35] Troubling financial periods
[17:35] Mental toughness
[20:50] Ben’s morning routine
[29:55] Mental training tool
[32:45] Steps to help one find their purpose
[38:08] Giving yourself permission to go forward: Story of Mark Jones
[43:56] Looking into the future
[47:15] Upcoming Book: Uncommon Leadership
- My core has always been in my connection to fighting to be the best that I can be every single day because that’s what my mother did when she was dying of a rare muscle disease called Amyloidosis.
- My mother was the greatest champion of life. The greatest fighter who taught me about passion and conviction.
- Something you have been saying no to, for whatever reason; fear, doubt, uncertainty, give yourself permission and stop making excuses why you’re not going to move forward.
- Recognize that great success takes time. It’s not done overnight.
- Once you experience a little success, you should never stop. The goal should be to get better.
- If you have a mentor who just always tells you how great you are, keep that person as a loving friend and find a new mentor.
- Mental toughness is your ability to get back up one more time when you have been knocked down.
- Don’t allow your feelings to dictate how you show up. Continue to dominate the standard every day.
- The easiest way to build self-confidence is just by keeping the small promises to yourself.
- Everything that I do requires me to wake up at 2:24 am. I’m willing to make up the sacrifice of a little bit of sleep to build a calendar that gives me balance in my life.
- When you’re in the middle of pain and feel like you can’t go any further, you connect to your burn and the reason you’re going to do it.
- My greatest goal is to serve a billion people and I recognize that I can’t do that alone.
If you loved this week’s conversation, you may want to check out these previous episodes!
Quit Bitching And Complaining!
Listen to Brofessional podcast on: